Morocco is known for its delicious pastries. Moroccan pastries are a famous and popular part of the country’s culinary heritage in Morocco and around the world. These breads are usually sweet, fragrant and filled with various ingredients such as almonds, honey, dates and spices. Semolina Cake with dried fruits is one of those delightful Moroccan dessert.
Let’s see how we prepere it
- 300g of semolina
- 180g ground almonds
- 20ml orange blossom water.
- 3 eggs
- Flaked almonds
- 200ml milk
- 200g powder sugar
- Dried fruits
- 180g melted butter
- 1 packet of baking powder
- Orange juice
1. For the dough, mix the following Ingredients: Semolina, ground almonds, sugar, yeast, butter, eggs and milk.
2. Add the caramelized dried fruit to the glass of orange juice, 2 tablespoons of orange blossom water and 4 tablespoons of sugar
3. Add the dried fruits and mix
4. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes at 180 degrees
For decoration: Coat the cake with honey and sprinkle with tapered almonds tapered