Moroccan beef tajin with dried plums is a rich and delicious dish that is easy to prepare. This dish is usually cooked in a tajine, which is an earthenware cooking pot with a conical lid that circulates hot water and cools the food, but if you don’t have a tajine you can still make this dish in in a large pot.
- 1KG of lamb meat
- Coriander & parsley
- 3 onions
- Small cup of vegetable oil
- Small cup of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of sweet red pepper
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of ginger
- 1 teaspoon of Indian Saffron/Turmeric
- Put your tajine over a medium heat and start adding spices, onions, and oil
- Cook until browned on all sides, about 10 minutes
- Add Coriander, parsley and a cup of water
- Salt(to taste)
- Reduce the heat to low, cover the tajine, and simmer for 1 hour, or until the meat is tender.
- During the last 10 minutes of cooking, you can add the dried plums to the tajine .
Try making Moroccan meat tajine with dried plums. It’s the perfect dish for a family dinner or special occasion. So, put on some Moroccan music, light some candles and enjoy some Moroccan flavor in your home.